License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I'm glad Jesus got out of bed

The Bible tells us that Jesus, although God in human flesh, was tempted, just as we are. (Hebrews 4:15, all references to the ESV) This verse strongly implies that He was not only tempted, but tempted in the same ways we can be (He was tempted "in every respect").

Note, then, Mark 1:35: "And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed."

If it had been me, I would have been tempted to roll over and go back to sleep. (He had had a hard and busy day previously.) So Jesus must have been also tempted like this. But He got up, and prayed. I'm glad He did. What if He hadn't? If He hadn't, He would, I suppose, have sinned, by yielding to temptation, and, if He had sinned, He would not have been a sinless sacrifice for me.

I'm glad Jesus got out of bed.

Thanks for reading. I hope I pray more.

No comments: