License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Prayers in the Bible: Paul prays for the Philippians

Philippians 1:9 This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment; so that you may approve the things that are excellent; that you may be sincere and without offense to the day of Christ; 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. (World English Bible, public domain)

A most appropriate prayer for Christians to pray for other believers!

Thanks for reading. Pray for me. This is part of a series on prayers in the Bible. The previous post is here.

2 comments:

atlibertytosay said...

Love this part too .. "abound yet more and more in knowledge"

Seems the more I study and learn about Christ the more I realize the his statement of "the way, the truth, the life."

Martin LaBar said...

I'm not quite sure what you mean -- I think there's a word, or more, that didn't get into your comment -- but yes, we should "abound yet more and more in knowledge."

Thanks!