License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Activity of the Holy Spirit, according to John 14-16

In John, chapters 14, 15, 16, Jesus described the activity of the promised Comforter, the Holy Spirit. Using the World English Bible, which is public domain, here is what Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would do:


“[live] with you, and will be in you.” 14:16
“teach you all things” 14:26
“remind you of all that I [Jesus] said to you” 14:26
“testify about me [Jesus]” 15:25
convict the world about sin . . . because they don’t believe in me” 16:8-9
“convict the world . . . about righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you won’t see me any more” 16:8, 10
“convict the world . . . about judgment . . . because the prince of this world has been judged.” 16:8, 11
guide you into all truth” 16:13
“declare to you things that are coming” 16:13
“glorify me [Jesus] 16:14

Thanks for reading. Read John.

No comments: