License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sunspots 275

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:




 

Humor:
(Except that this is a sad note) Cathy, the cartoon strip written and drawn by Cathy Guisewite, is ending after 34 years of gentle humor.

Science:
The Panda's Thumb reports on experimental results indicating that seemingly directed growth in chick embryos is actually the result of random cell movement.

Computing:
Wired reports on the history of well-known symbols, such as that for the On button on this computer.

Christianity:N. T. Wright reflects on C. S. Lewis.





Image source (public domain)

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

On my most recent post, do you think the gymnosperm in the final picture is a juniper? That's the only one I know of whose cones are adapted into a berry like structure. BUT, not being up on all my gymnosperms, and just googling for junipers, I am still not sure. The "berries" were not yet the purple color, but I thought perhaps there were still immature?

You're the only "expert" I know who frequents my blog - - - so I'm askin' YOU.

:-)

Martin LaBar said...

I wondered about that when I saw the photo. That would be my guess, but it's only a guess.

Thanks.