License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Friday, February 05, 2010

A man supposedly in a vegetative state can communicate.

CNN reports that a man who had been diagnosed as being in a vegetative state is actually aware of the outside world. He responded to questions, as indicated by brain waves.

Most persons who have been diagnosed as being in a persistent vegetative state do not show this indication of awareness.

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

For YEARS I have "worried" over this. (No, I don't lose sleep over it - - - but I HAVE thought about it.) I tell Greg if I'm ever diagnosed as being vegetative he needs to look at my EYES and see if I'm trying to "stare" my awareness into him.

He says he'll pull the plug.

Oh that man I married.

Martin LaBar said...

That sounds like a plan.

Yes. What would it be like to lie there without being able to communicate with anyone but yourself for years on end?

Thanks, Keetha.