License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sunspots 229

Things I have recently spotted that may be of interest to someone else:

  

Science:
Wired tells us that a 48 pound trout has been caught. Is this fish a record? Well, maybe not. It was from genetically engineered stock.

Carl Zimmer, in Discover, on the neuroanatomy of sexual desire.

Wired reports that the ancestors of Tyrannosaurus rex may have been about your size, or mine.

Christianity:
From Threads from Henry's Web: "God can teach me through my stupidity, my carelessness, or my stubbornness. But if I become convinced that I have nothing to learn, that I have nailed down all the details, learning will stop."

From He Lives: ". . . there is no secular or humanist model of free will." (italics in original)


Image source (public domain)

No comments: