License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Death and roses

yellow rose against the sky

It happened this morning as I stood in my garden. Death suddenly jumped out from behind a bush, just when the thought came to me that one day the roses will still be here -- but I won't.
. . . Will I be able to accept death gracefully? With understanding? The years ahead of me are far fewer than those in the past. I pray for positive acceptance of my condition.
After I depart, the roses will manage very well without me, won't they, Jesus?
Malcolm Boyd, Prayers for the Later Years, Minneapolis, Augsburg, 2002, p. 60.

I thank one of our daughters for giving me this book for my most recent birthday.

No comments: