License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hagar told to submit

Genesis 16:7 The angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, the spring on the way to Shur. 8 And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai.” 9 The angel of the Lord said to her, “Return to your mistress and submit to her.” (ESV)

This must have been very difficult for Hagar to take. It would have been difficult for me. Sarai had been mistreating Hagar, so badly that Hagar ran away. Yet she obeyed. Would I have done so?

Taken from the ESV on-line Bible reading for Jan 7.

Thanks for reading.

*   *   *   *

September 16, 2012: I've gotten so many spam comments on this post that I'm turning off the comment feature. If you are a real person, and want to comment on this post, please comment on another of my posts, and refer to this one by title. Thanks.

No comments: