License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Mad-Eye Moody

Anyone looking for Thanksgiving material, please see my previous post, which should be right under this one.

* * * * *

I recently saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Here are some musings on this movie:
The movie was well-done. My wife, who has not read the books, except the first, enjoyed it.

It's long, two and a half hours. I wonder how whoever does it is going to manage the next two books as single movies.

I don't have my copy of the book with me, but was surprised to not see the Dursleys at all. Perhaps they aren't in the book.

I have the same problem with the movie that I did with the book it is based on. That problem is this. I have a hard time swallowing that Mad-Eye Moody was impersonated for an entire school year, and by a person who presumably didn't have his knowledge or maturity. Looking like him, OK, but basically being him, and teaching his class, I can't see, especially when surrounded by Dumbledore and others who would have known the real Moody. I know, it's all magic, but even so, my disbelief just wouldn't suspend quite that far.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O thanks a lot idiot! You ruined managed to ruin the book AND the movie! CHEERIO!

Martin LaBar said...

Sorry, whoever you are. I figured that 1) hardly anyone reads this stuff anyway, although it is possible that serious Harry Potter fans might have found this post by searching, but 2) any serious Harry Potter fans had already read the book and seen the movie.

Guess I was wrong. Thanks for reading.