License

I have written an e-book, Does the Bible Really Say That?, which is free to anyone. To download that book, in several formats, go here.
Creative Commons License
The posts in this blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You can copy and use this material, as long as you aren't making money from it. If you give me credit, thanks. If not, OK.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Vetch pod

Vetch pod2

This is a vetch pod, scanned. I posted about vetch a few days ago. Vetch is a member of the legume, or pea family. This vetch pod looks a lot like most types of bean or pea pods. It is about 2 inches, or about 5 centimeters, in length. If you look carefully, you can see the seeds pushing out the walls of the pod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, picture, Martin. Vetch is another of those gems from the hedgerow that I particularly enjoy near my home, too. Our rabbits are very fond of it. Where I grew up in South Africa we had another name for it, we called it "Lucerne". I remember eating it by the handful as a child.